Join the team.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Do you have a sincere passion for technology? Are you constantly on the hunt for the best IT services and solutions to meet the needs of your internal and/or external customers? Does everyone you’ve worked with have wonderful things to say about you? Then, we want you to join our team!
Riverfront Technology Consulting has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Engineer located in its Austin office. The Senior Systems Engineer will implement and optimize server and network infrastructure for multiple client, with the goal of minimizing downtime and making employees as efficient as possible.
- Produce engineering and installation plans to support new initiatives, as well as prepare reports and documentation on the existing network configuration as required.
- Work with clients to understand their IT requirements and properly scope projects, including cost estimates.
- Installation/configuration, operation, maintenance of system hardware and software with Windows Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, GPOs, Azure, O365, G-Suite and Exchange.
- Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving support for network and server issues.
- Monitor system hardware and software and manage system performance.
- Implement and optimize Windows servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
We want someone who truly enjoys being around people and likes the idea of engaging and interacting with different clients every day. Multi-tasking comes with the territory, so this person needs to be good at it, while remembering the small details unique to each client. Our team genuinely likes and respects each other, so you must be able to work collaboratively, communicate well and provide technical leadership to those eager to learn.
Some of the words people use to describe you are:
Your technical expertise includes
- 5+ years network, telecommunications and network security
- Mastery of the following vendor solutions: Cisco and Meraki Firewalls, Switches and Access Points
- Experience with on-premise solutions and multiple cloud platforms (public, private, hybrid)
- 5+ years experience with server administration of VMware ESXi and VCenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer
- Experience with designing and implementing Active Directory and related services DNS, WINS, DHCP, FRS, and DFS
- 3 years experience in developing network solutions for cloud connectivity to either AZURE or AWS
- Experience with MS O365, G-Suite, Atlassian Confluence
- 5+ years experience PC and Mac support
- Mobile Device Management (Jamf, AirWatch, Meraki)
You also need to have:
- Your own car (must be insured)
- The ability to lift 50 lbs
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous IT consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
Riverfront Technology Consulting provides IT consulting, managed support services and cloud solutions to small and midsize businesses in Austin. We are a small, but mighty team who is excited about the rapid growth of the company. Our customer-first mentality paired with our commitment to reliability and efficiency are what sets us apart from our competitors; and our collaborative, laid-back work environment is what employees love about working with us.
Some of the perks of the job are:
- Competitive base salary with ongoing bonus opportunities
- Health and dental benefits
- 401K plan
- 15 days of paid time off per year
- Travel and parking reimbursements
- Laptop/workstation built to your needs
How to Apply
Send us your resume with a brief cover letter telling us why you’re right for the job. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3300 N. IH35, 7th Floor
Austin, TX 78705
+1 (512) 298-0772